“Matryoshka” are Russian wooden dolls with smaller dolls stacked within the bigger ones. In provincial Russia before the revolution the name Matryona or Matriyosha was a very popular female name. It was derived from the Latin root ‘mater’ which means ‘mother’. This name was associated with the image of a mother of a big family who was very healthy and had a portly figure. Subsequently, it became a symbolic name and was used specially to describe brightly painted wooden dolls made in such a way that they could be taken apart to reveal smaller dolls fitting inside one another. Even now nesting doll is considered to be a symbol of motherhood and fertility. A mother doll with numerous dolls-children perfectly expresses the oldest symbol of human culture.
This tour might be booked as a separate excursion or as a part of day tour.
We invite you to venture deep into Russian craft art with a matryoshka painting master class!
A traditional wooden doll that is the most famous Russian souvenir. The master class is a unique opportunity to make your own souvenir. Methods and techniques which are used during this workshop are relatively simple even for those who haven’t painted for a long time.
The artists who’re holding the meeting will share all of their passion and will help you to create a unique character for your doll.
- Professional and licensed guide (English, German, Spanish, Italian, French)
- Entrance tickets to the museum
- Matryoska painting master-class
- Photo-video permits inside museum
- All local Taxes
- 1 bottle of still water (0.5L) per person per day
- Special radio-guide equipment for the groups bigger than 6.
- Gratuity ( recommended 10% to the guide and 5% to the driver of a total tour cost p/person given separately) .
Tailor made for each family separately
The pricing and itinerary are customized for each booking individually.
Please, email us for more details.